The Site Overview
Welcome to our world. It is not by chance you surfed into this web site. You are here to find answers to your life’s deepest questions. And we are here to lead you towards those answers.
There is a PAGE on this Site for each Subject that is listed below. The PAGE-toolbar is on the left-hand-side. You can go directly to the subject or topic of your interest and read the write-ups. To know more, click the URL for the Blog.
Here we show the purpose of this site. It gives our message and some insights into our activities.
If you are interested in the spiritual philosophy and practices that we have written about and want to go further to implement them, you should look here. There are four one-on-one spiritual guidance programs. The ‘Course Details’, ‘Guidelines for Admission’, ‘Application Form’, etc. are given here.
We provide assistance in decision making and guidance in problem solving. We use Intuition, Astrology and EKS (strategy) to guide. You can have one-time advice or detailed advice with follow up. There are also some interesting self-help suggestions that you can use.
Here is a collection of some our recent practical and thought provoking SELF-HELP articles.
Mysticism is the art of relating with a higher consciousness or divinity. And Yoga is the practice of combining our outer nature (personality) with our inner core (which is a spiritual being). How can we do this? How can we become intuitive? What is the nature of spiritual experience? To know more read the write-ups given here.
Here we describe the books published by us. They are available from Amazon and Kindle online bookstores. Some of our older books are available from Darshana Centre.
Here we outline the workshops conducted by us. What you cannot learn through years of self-study you can learn conveniently by participating in these two-day workshops!
If holistic health and healing interest you, then we have many interesting articles for you. Our approach is non-commercial, striking, and personally empowering.
Here are the write ups of some talks and conversations by Prashant. The insights are experience-based, unusual and striking.
Thanking you for visiting.
Some opinions received:
- I am amazed at the huge intellectual and spiritual bandwidth of your writings and I must admit that other spiritual writers that I have read do not even come close! Your articles hit the nail on the head! The article ‘Living by Intuition’ impressed me the most. Your saying, “When you are trying to be intuitive, being right is not the goal; being sensitive to the higher nature is the goal” really touched me. This article is truly a masterpiece… M. G. Machayya, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve enjoyed reading all your articles and views as they relate so vividly to my life experiences. My heart opens up to your words and my mind is simply overwhelmed by reading your books and articles. You have conveyed your message and views very clearly… Hector, email: email@example.com
- There has been great Development in the website. Each and every idea is crystal clear. I loved the new content of the ‘Practice of Mysticism”… Saket, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I was really struck by the tone of the writings. They speak with a natural voice — there is a sequence, but it speaks directly and personally to the reader. I liked that very much… Frank; email: email@example.com
- I went to your web site and carefully looked at how well you structure it. I am very impressed with the clarity and simplicity of your blogs and look forward to reading them all… Carmen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dear Teacher, I am overjoyed to read the news on your program in London. You practice what you preach so I can confidently say that the participants are going to be greatly benefitted. Your teaching gets way inside us, in the gut. Yes it does, and I’ve witnessed it. I am celebrating this new venture that has opened and I hope it will carry on. Elizabeth, email:email@example.com
- The beauty of your writing is in its simplicity and to-the-point nature. I have read all the articles and I feel what is said is really very true… Sanjeev, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a spiritual presence that stands behind the activity of our mind. It oversees our activities and understands us deeply. It also oversees the people and happenings in the world. Although this spiritual presence remains a mystery to us, we can learn to relate with it and bring it forward in our life. That is the spiritual purpose of our life.
Thus our true purpose in life is not concerned with improving the living standards or achieving power in society. Such things can only have some contingent value. The real thing is the kind of person we are becoming and the extent to which we are able to involve the spiritual presence in our life. This message runs through the different topics on our site.
In the article given below the ‘spiritual presence’ is called a higher-level consciousness. To clarify it we contrast it with our ordinary (mental) consciousness. Then we show what happens when the higher consciousness begins to awaken in our (inner) life.
To read more click here: https://darshanacentre.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/the-purpose-of-our-life/
About Prashant S. Shah
He was educated in Chemistry from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (SB, from MIT, USA) and University of California at Santa Cruz (MS & PhC from UCSC, USA). During his student days he learnt Yoga-Mysticism from Shri Nyaya Sharma, a Guru of Shiva-Tantra-Yoga. Further, he learnt Homoeopathy from The Post Graduate Homoeopathic Association, Bombay; he has healing hands and uses Pranic Healing; he learnt entrepreneurial skills through EKS, an Advanced Management Diploma Program offered by ‘Mewes Systems’ of Frankfurt, Germany.
Prashant uses EKS and Vedic Astrology for Counselling in personal and professional matters. He conducts ‘Spiritual Awareness Workshops’ regularly in NY, USA and from time to time in other places (UK & India). He is a Spiritual Guide for Darshana Centre, Vadodara. He is the Author of many self-help and spiritual books and a Speaker on related subjects. He writes and speaks clearly, in simple language and from personal experience. He has written the book: Crisis of Modern Humanity (1976), The Essence of Hindu Astrology (1987); and the more recent publications are: The Art of Awakening the Soul (2011), Healing without Drugs (2014), Solving the Problems of Life (2015), The Biochemic Prescriber (2016) and How to Restore your Health Naturally (2017). The recent publications are available from the Amazon and Kindle online bookstores.
About Darshana Centre
Darshana Centre has offered spiritual guidance through a set of personalised correspondence courses since 1988. The courses are practical and practise based, and without religious affiliation. They are designed to make you to think deeply, to do spiritual practice, and to live a more meaningful and purposeful life. They will develop your spiritual aptitude and the inner life. For details, see under ‘Correspondence Courses’.
Over the years a number of ‘spiritual awareness workshops’ have been added to the correspondence courses to serve as ‘booster doses’ for the students. For details, see under ‘Workshops’. The workshops have been conducted every year in New York since 1999. They are also organised from time to time at some other places.