The Site Overview
Welcome to our world.
It is not by chance you surfed into this web site.
You are here to find answers to your life’s deepest questions. And we are here to lead you towards those answers.
There is a PAGE for each Subject listed below. The PAGE-toolbar is on the left-hand-side. Go directly to the subject or topic of your interest and read the write-ups.
It shows the purpose of our SITE. There is a message and some insights on our activities.
Are you interested enough in your spiritual attainment to do practices to achieve it? Do you want to learn how to implement the mystic philosophy in your life? Do you feel stuck in your spiritual pursuit and now you want to really get moving?
Here are some one-on-one spiritual guidance programs that will interest you. The ‘Course Details’, ‘Guidelines for Admission’, ‘Application Form’, etc. are all given under this page.
Do you need some assistance in making some important decision of your life? Are there some problems that urgently need solving? We use Intuition, Astrology and EKS (common-sense strategy) to provide you specific guidance. You can take up one-time advice or ask for detailed advice with follow up. You can also read some interesting self-help suggestions on common problems.
Here is a collection of some our recent SELF-HELP articles. They are practical and thought provoking.
In mysticism you learn the art of relating with a higher consciousness or divinity. In Yoga you learn how to join your outer nature (personality) with your inner core (which is a spiritual being). What are the practices? How can you become intuitive? What is God Experience? Read the write-ups here.
Here we describe the books published by us. They are available from Amazon and Kindle online bookstores. Our older books are available from Darshana Centre.
Here is an outline of the workshops conducted by us. What you cannot learn through years of self-study you can learn conveniently by simply participating in a workshop!
If holistic health and self-healing interest you, you must read this. Our approach is non-commercial, striking, and empowering.
Here are some write-ups on talks and conversations by Prashant. The insights are experience-based, unusual and striking. Enjoy.
Once again, we thank you for visiting.
Some opinions received:
- The feedback we’re getting about your articles has been very positive. Our readers find your work to be clear and insightful. Above all though, they find it helpful! A few even asked for contact details which I duly supplied. Namaste… James Anderson; email@example.com; Editor of NAMAH Magazine of Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- I am amazed at the huge intellectual and spiritual bandwidth of your writings and I must admit that other spiritual writers that I have read do not even come close! Your articles hit the nail on the head! The article ‘Living by Intuition’ impressed me the most. Your saying, “When you are trying to be intuitive, being right is not the goal; being sensitive to the higher nature is the goal” really touched me. This article is truly a masterpiece… M. G. Machayya, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve enjoyed reading all your articles and views as they relate so vividly to my life experiences. My heart opens up to your words and my mind is simply overwhelmed by reading your books and articles. You have conveyed your message and views very clearly… Hector, email: email@example.com
- There has been great Development in the website. Each and every idea is crystal clear. I loved the new content of the ‘Practice of Mysticism”… Saket, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I was really struck by the tone of the writings. They speak with a natural voice — there is a sequence, but it speaks directly and personally to the reader. I liked that very much… Frank; email: email@example.com
- I went to your web site and carefully looked at how well you structure it. I am very impressed with the clarity and simplicity of your blogs and look forward to reading them all… Carmen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dear Teacher, I am overjoyed to read the news on your program in London. You practice what you preach so I can confidently say that the participants are going to be greatly benefitted. Your teaching gets way inside us, in the gut. Yes it does, and I’ve witnessed it. I am celebrating this new venture that has opened and I hope it will carry on. Elizabeth, email:email@example.com
- The beauty of your writing is in its simplicity and to-the-point nature. I have read all the articles and I feel what is said is really very true… Sanjeev, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a spiritual presence that stands behind the activity of our mind. It oversees our activities and understands us deeply. It also oversees the people and happenings in the world. Although this spiritual presence remains a mystery to us, we can learn to relate with it and bring it forward in our life. That is the spiritual purpose of our life.
Thus our true purpose in life is not concerned with improving the living standards or achieving power in society. Such things can only have some contingent value. The real thing is the kind of person we are becoming and the extent to which we are able to involve the spiritual presence in our life. This message runs through the different topics on our site.
In the article given below the ‘spiritual presence’ is called a higher-level consciousness. To clarify it we contrast it with our ordinary (mental) consciousness. Then we show what happens when the higher consciousness begins to awaken in our (inner) life.
To read more click here: https://darshanacentre.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/the-purpose-of-our-life/
About Prashant S. Shah
He was educated in Chemistry from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (SB, from MIT, USA) and University of California at Santa Cruz (MS & PhC from UCSC, USA). During his student days he learnt Yoga-Mysticism from Shri Nyaya Sharma, a Guru of Shiva-Tantra-Yoga. Further, he learnt Homoeopathy from The Post Graduate Homoeopathic Association, Bombay; he has healing hands and uses Pranic Healing; he learnt entrepreneurial skills through EKS, an Advanced Management Diploma Program offered by ‘Mewes Systems’ of Frankfurt, Germany.
Prashant uses EKS and Vedic Astrology for Counselling in personal and professional matters. He conducts ‘Spiritual Awareness Workshops’ regularly in NY, USA and from time to time in other places (UK & India). He is a Spiritual Guide for Darshana Centre, Vadodara. He is the Author of many self-help and spiritual books and a Speaker on related subjects. He writes and speaks clearly, in simple language and from personal experience. He has written the book: Crisis of Modern Humanity (1976), The Essence of Hindu Astrology (1987); and the more recent publications are: The Art of Awakening the Soul (2011), Healing without Drugs (2014), Solving the Problems of Life (2015), The Biochemic Prescriber (2016) and How to Restore your Health Naturally (2017). The recent publications are available from the Amazon and Kindle online bookstores.
About Darshana Centre
Darshana Centre has offered spiritual guidance through a set of personalised correspondence courses since 1988. The courses are practical and practise based, and without religious affiliation. They are designed to make you to think deeply, to do spiritual practice, and to live a more meaningful and purposeful life. They will develop your spiritual aptitude and the inner life. For details, see under ‘Correspondence Courses’.
Over the years a number of ‘spiritual awareness workshops’ have been added to the correspondence courses to serve as ‘booster doses’ for the students. For details, see under ‘Workshops’. The workshops have been conducted every year in New York since 1999. They are also organised from time to time at some other places.