Introducing the inner life
1: Mind Training & Meditation
2: Mantra Yoga
4: Advanced Spiritual Practice
Advantages of learning through Correspondence
About Darshana Centre
Criteria for Admission
Introducing the Inner Life
We are born on earth with a mind that directs our attention outward towards things. Hence, we do not see the inner life and we seek our satisfaction from the outside — by having things of the outer world. Thus, we chase comforts, pleasures and possessions in our life.
We pursue these things thinking that by having them we shall get the deeper satisfaction that we really want. However, these things only give us some superficial satisfaction for a short time. Then we again become dissatisfied and start to chase something else. In this way the chase goes on.
However, our mind and body are only the instruments through which we function on earth. They are our possessions, like our house or car. Hence, by satisfying the desires in our mind and body we cannot get the deeper and lasting satisfaction that we really want. To have the deeper and lasting satisfaction, we have to satisfy something that is truly deeper and lasting!
The true satisfaction arises in our life when we develop spiritual qualities in our inner life. These qualities will transform the values and motives with which we live and act; and ultimately they lead us to experience our spiritual being.
On the Correspondence Courses
The spiritual practice is organised into four courses as follows:
Course-1 is preparatory. It makes you adequate for the spiritual pursuit. Here you develop the power of concentration and use it to overcome the disturbance from thoughts and emotions.
Course-2 is the foundation course. It is designed to get you on the spiritual path.
Course-3 teaches you how to access to the higher consciousness. Then, instead of being led blindly by your desires and tendencies, you will be guidance a higher intelligence.
Course-4 helps you in understanding the subjective nature of your mind and in clearing the faults in your perception. Thereby you overcome the obstacles that usually arise on the spiritual path.
Course-1: Mind Training & Meditation
- Basic Meditation
- Concentration in the everyday life
- Developing your Will Power
- Using Thought Power
- Mastering your thoughts
- Overcoming Negative Emotions
Course-2: Mantra Yoga
- Reciting a mantra (Jap)
- Meditating with a mantra (Dharna)
- The mantra practice in the everyday life
- Opening up your spiritual path
- Steady Gazing (Tratak)
- Installing a personal God
- Tantric Yoga
- Devotional Meditation
- Living for God’s sake
Course-4: Advanced Spiritual Practice
- The nature of the inner work
- Deflating the emotions
- The outer mind and its deceptions
- Self-observation and disillusioning
- Overcoming subconscious tendencies
- Awareness beyond the outer mind
Advantages of learning through Correspondence
Some people wonder how someone can learn to do spiritual practice through a correspondence course. Hence, it calls for some explanation.
You do not grow spiritually by learning some philosophy or by following a belief system. You grow by doing your spiritual practice under the supervision of a Guru.
Our basic instruction is given through lessons. You study a lesson and do the practise for a period of time. Then, you answer the questions of the lesson and email it to us. The issues usually become clearer to you when you make out your answers AFTER doing the practise. On our part, we read your answers and give you appropriate feedback. Then, we give you the next lesson. We maintain your file and monitor your progress.
These courses are practical. Hence, you are only given the information you need to do the practices properly. As you do the practices you will actually develop the skills and capacities that are necessary to build your inner life. We ensure that you do not skip the necessary steps, for the spiritual practice is a sure process only when it is taken as a whole.
We administer information to you in a stepwise manner so that you can accomplish difficult things by taking small and convenient steps. You can also have your personal difficulties solved as you go along. Further, you can learn at your pace, in the convenience of your home, and practice in your environment. In addition, we have a provision for a personal meeting with our students. You can visit us or meet through the internet.
About Darshana Centre
Darshana Centre has been conducting these spiritual courses through correspondence since 1988. The courses are practical, practise based, and without pursuing any religious agenda. You get personal attention and the help you need to implement the mystic philosophy.
The courses have been devised and conducted by PRASHANT SHAH. He was educated in Chemistry at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (BS), and University of California, (MS & PhC), and initiated into Mantra Yoga by Shri Nyaya Sharma — a Master of Shiva-Tantra-Yoga.
About Prashant Shah: He is an author, counsellor and a spiritual guide. He also conducts ‘Spiritual Awareness WORKSHOPS’ in India, USA and UK. He writes and speaks clearly, in simple language, and from personal experience. He is the AUTHOR of the books: The Crisis of Modern Humanity (1976); The Essence of Hindu Astrology (1987); The Art of awakening the Soul (2011); Healing without Drugs (2014) Solving the Problems of Life (2015); The Biochemic Prescriber (2016) and How to Restore your Health Naturally (2017). These books are available from the Amazon and Kindle online bookstores.
After carefully reading this BROCHURE, think it over. Do you feel there is some deep mystery underlying your existence and that unless you uncover this mystery you cannot feel satisfied? Are you willing to give up some superficial things in the outer life so that some deeper satisfaction can arise from within you? Will you be able to invest a half-hour every morning and evening for doing your spiritual practice?
If you are thinking of taking these Courses mainly because you wish to develop some ‘psychic powers’ (something that will give you importance or an unfair advantage over others), please DON’T. The true spiritual powers won’t arise in any measure before you have changed your motives and point of view. Your object in taking these Courses should not be to ‘have more’ externally, but to ‘be more’ internally.
However, if you sincerely want to grow spiritually, then here is an opportunity that you should not miss. You will have the guidance that you need. You will use methods that have worked under the conditions of the modern world.
Please don’t entertain unnecessary doubt, suspicion or fear regarding spiritual development. Here you do not lose; you only get rid of the unwanted. If you have been doing spiritual practice, but you still feel the need for personal guidance, then also these Courses are for you.
Criteria for Admission
- Some REQUIREMENTS that make you eligible to take these courses:
- You should believe in the existence of an intelligence and power that is higher and greater than the human mind.
- You should not be deeply committed to any particular religious group or institution.
- Our lessons and correspondence is in English. Hence, you should have sufficient comprehension of English language to be able correspond with us.
- You should have sufficient free time and energy for doing your daily spiritual practice. The courses mainly help you in implementing the spiritual message.
- You need to make your application in the APPLICATION FORM that is given on our site. Just fill in all the details and email it to us. We shall read it and inform you if we think our Course are suitable for you. THEN you can pay the fees and take the admission.
- Upon admission you will receive our instructions through LESSONS. Our next lesson will be sent to you ONLY AFTER you have completed the answers of the previous lesson. You can also send your queries along with your answers. We shall try to help you in sorting out your personal difficulties.
- Each course entitles you to one PERSONAL CONFERENCE/MEETING. You can ask for it anytime upon completing the third lesson. You have two options. Either you visit us at Baroda with a prior appointment or we can discuss on the Internet through WhatsApp or Skype. You aim should be to seek clarifications or to sort out your personal difficulties.
- Each Course is to be completed within one year or 12 months. If you are unable to complete the set of Lessons of the Course within that time, you have to send a CONTINUATION FEE of Rs. 700 or US $ 10 to continue.
- In these Courses you will receive one-on-one instructions. You will get the necessary individual attention. We shall keep your correspondence confidential, and on your part you must also not to disclose, publish or distribute our lessons, instructions or replies.
- In addition, we require you, our student, not to become a personal guide (guru) in spiritual matters. The purpose is not commercial, but you need to lie low and not arrive before you are ready. This factor is incorporated as a “SECRECY CLAUSE” in our Application Form. It requires you to keep your spiritual practice private and to treat our correspondence as confidential.
The Application Form is on our site http://www.spiritual-living.in under the tab ‘Correspondence Courses’. Please download it and use it.