Conducted by Prashant S. Shah, http://www.spiritual-living.in
- Understanding Karma and Destiny
- Concentration and Mind Training
- The Art of Succeeding with People
- Restore your Health Naturally
- Living by intuition
- The Spiritual Tradition of the Ancient Hindus
- The Biochemic Way to Health
- How to Recognise a Sage?
1. Understanding Karma and Destiny
People often ask: “Why are we born in a particular country or family? Why are some people healthy, rich or successful whereas some others are handicapped, poor or unfortunate? Why do we easily forge bonds with some people and find it so difficult to get on with some others? Why do some of us have an easy life while others have to struggle all the way?”
You can understand many such things by considering the Law of Karma. The law tells us that much of the destiny we experience today is the result of what we had done in the past; that we have all along been shaping our destiny, but earlier we were not aware of the process. In this workshop you understand the law of karma and how to use it to remove the unnecessary suffering from your life.
When you are ignorant of this law you make mistakes that violate the law. Then you suffer the consequences. As you develop some awareness of the law you conduct yourself better. Then you make fewer violations, and it reduces your suffering and helplessness. When you acquire mastery over this law you become the CAPTAIN of your ship. Then you can steer around the obstacles in your life and become a source of happiness to yourself.
The discussion is directed to the questions: What are the causes behind the events of my life? Is there natural justice or do I have to fight for my rights in society? When I faced with different choices, what criteria will guide me in making the correct choice? How can I learn to live a happy, meaningful and a fulfilling life?
- Law of cause and effect. The necessity of making the correct choice.
- Justice and the law of exchange. The moral law, laws of nature and man-made laws.
- Predestination and free will. Karma in public life. Karma and the art of living.
- Karma in relationships; nature’s memory; karma and reincarnation; the law of providence
Some Opinions received:
- I see some karmic debts that I have to repay and I’m going to set right some balances. Frank, email@example.com.
- This course has great wisdom. It’s very well organised and you explained these very subtle issues in a very simple and interesting manner. Ludy, Ludy_mr@hotmail.com
- Excellent – I understand that we are not here to move around as an unwinding doll. There is a cause and effect for everything and we how we play always makes the difference. Carmen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is my favourite course. I’ve done it again and will do it again in the future. It has put my whole life in perspective, and now I understand how to give direction to my life. David, email@example.com
- Each time I do this course I hear it from a different angle and so it has grown to be much more valuable. Bob, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course shows how our current thoughts and actions create our destiny. Hence, we can overcome anxiety of the future by exercising control over our present actions. The course is deep and profoundly transforming. Madanda, mgmachayya @hotmail.com
2. Concentration and Mind Training
The fine art of succeeding with yourself
In this workshop you learn the art of concentration and use it to develop your inner life. The inner life is important since your happiness and well-being depends more on your thoughts and emotions, and less on your external circumstances.
First, you learn to concentrate and take control over your attention. Next, you become aware of the influence of thoughts and emotions in your life. Then you exercise your control over the negative thoughts and emotions that occupy your mind. It will develop your ability to think clearly, to understand things better, and to be more focused on whatever you do.
In this workshop you learn to:
- Concentrate the mind through chanting
- Use concentration in everyday life
- Develop your will-power through steady gazing
- Deal with negative thoughts
- Use thought power
- Overcome negative emotions
This program is conducted in 8 hours (4 sessions of 2 hours each). If you need assistance in implementing these ideas, kindly read Mind-Training and Meditation under ‘Correspondence Courses’. We also have an interesting book on the subject: ‘Solving the Problems of Life’ by Prashant S. Shah; the URL is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176HQSOG. https://www.amazon.com/Solving-Problems-Life-Spiritual-Seekers/dp/1518786650/
Some Opinions received:
- Shah is a cheerful teacher who shares his knowledge in a light hearted and easy-to-learn manner. I highly recommend his sessions. Edrina Rush, email@example.com
- Shah is a true master of his teachings. You have to see to believe. Yvette Koshab
- I’m very happy with the delivery and content of this workshop. I got a lot of benefit from doing this workshop. Shawn Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The topic was difficult, but it was delivered very simply and very well. Tokes Coker, email@example.com
- I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop and recommend it highly for life enhancement. Jessica Hothersall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course on spiritual yoga was actually what I was seeking for furthering my spiritual journey. Now I’m really looking forward to the advanced course. Beryl Ross, email@example.com
- Shah is the real deal. He is precise and has crystal clear clarity of thought. It is a great program for those who are ready for it. Marcus Ubl, Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The speaker was very clear and concise. I think I will be able to use these practices to bring changes in my life. Please organise other workshops with this speaker. Sri Spencer, email@example.com
- This was the best speaker. Dr. Shah puts over complex ideas in an interesting way that allows them to be easily grasped. Linda Camping, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I was surprised at how useful the course content was. The whole concept of dealing with thoughts and emotions was mind-blowing. Shana, email@example.com
- This course made me appreciate many things that I used to take for granted. Elizabeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now I have a clear focus — yoga is for achieving something greater than the ambitions of the mind and body. It is like going beyond the mind. Ludy, email@example.com
- I understood the importance of withdrawing from the outer noise and focusing on my inner life. I think now I know how to put my inner things in order. Carmen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ve given us a very refreshing and unusual insight into Yoga. I’m eager to put all this wisdom into practice. David, email@example.com
- This time (third) it was a relearning experience. It has inspired me to renew my commitment to my practice. Bob, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Art of Succeeding with People
Learning Interpersonal Skills
Most of our life is an INTERDEPENDENT reality. We have to work with people, live with people and deal with people. At work we work with partners, in teams and with associates. Very often our situation is that we share responsibility with others, but we don’t have the authority to direct them. Hence, if we are not skilful, we experience many difficulties in getting things done through others. The saying is: “The people problems are the worst!”
Skill in dealing with people is very valuable for everyone in society — for a businessman, a professional, a colleague, a housewife, and a member of any group in society. This ability becomes increasingly important as we occupy the higher positions in the social system. Businessman J. D. Rockefeller once said: “I will pay more for that ability (to succeed with people) than for any other under the sun.”
In this workshop you learn the art of dealing with people effectively to generate win-win solutions. Further, you learn to leverage your skills such that the rewards are much greater than the effort. The guidelines are easy to understand, but they will make a BIG DIFFERENCE in your relationships at work and in your personal life only when you apply them consistently.
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- The psychology of the other person
- The art of negotiation
- Man and woman relationships
- The win-win option
- The stages in maturity
Some Opinions received:
- This was the best course. I got the most from it. It really answered the questions that have been puzzling me for years. This workshop was practical, useful and a lot of fun. (Robert Leyster of Lester Watson Inc. New York. email@example.com
- I’ve stopped wanting people around me to change to fit to what I want. Now I try to see what they want of me. I also see the importance of giving space to other people to be as they want to be. Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This workshop goes far beyond the obvious. I’ve learnt to be more tolerant, tending and caring. Elizabeth, email@example.com
- This course was really empowering. All my faults in dealing with others have become obvious. Now I’m going to change some things. Carmen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the second time I’ve done this course and I am glad to say that it has really helped me in fine tuning my ability in deal with people. It has made me much more effective. David, email@example.com
- You really tied up these things very well. I’ve been reading this (self-help) stuff for a long time, but your course has cleared up most of my doubts. The ideas are very clear now and I feel confident that I can get them to work. (N. C. Mehta, CEO, Bell Ceramics, Baroda).
- I like your style of presentation — very direct, precise and to the point. You made these very complicated and confusing things seem very simple. I really enjoyed both of your programs. However, I wish I could have you convey this message to my boss! (KYA, New York)
- I found this course to be very revealing. I’ve read many psychology books, but the understanding that you provided here was very clear. I felt you were speaking directly to me and addressing my issues. (S. Gopalkrishana, Plant Superintendent, Baroda)
4. Restore your Health Naturally
A Simple Solution to your Health Problems
Your health depends mainly on you; on your lifestyle, diet and eating habits. However, these days you are given to believe that your health depends mainly on doctors and the health care system. Thus, you have become very dependent on the medical profession. And at the same time the health care system has become very expensive, highly specialised and too technical for your comprehension. So you naturally feel vulnerable, helpless, and confused.
However, there are alternatives; they always existed! Your health is not something that depends on the progress of modern science. There are much simpler ways. They talk in terms reducing the toxaemia in the body and strengthening its vital force. Here we you learn to use these alternatives. Believe it or not here you will learn how to detox your body and restore your vital force naturally – WITHOUT depending on medicines or the medical profession.
- Holistic healing: healing vs. curing; health in terms of the vital force; how toxaemia develops;
- Simple ways to detox the body: Diet, nutrition and eating habits; fasting and the healing crisis
- Water therapy; cleansing diets; and the ‘no breakfast’ plan
- Healing the body by changing the consciousness; correcting emotional disorders
Duration: 8 hours
The workshop is based on Prashant’s book ‘Healing without Drugs’ and ‘How to Restore your Health Naturally’.
Some Opinions Received:
- (It was) a very interesting presentation; a most welcome and rare insight into the science of health and healing. I say it is A++. Elizabeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve read of the concept of toxins before, but now I really understand its implications on my health and recovery. David, email@example.com
- The effect of not eating the right kind of food and the consequences of increase in the toxin level in the cells was very well explained. This certainly becomes more important in old age. Carmen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (It was) a superb discussion — very practical and accessible. Frank, email@example.com
- Both the book and the course presentation were very good. However, the presentation filled in many gaps that arose when I read the book. Now the ideas have become very clear and more workable. Ludy, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Living by Intuition
Intuition is the guiding voice of the soul. When we listen to our intuition, our life becomes more interesting; we see a purpose to everything; and we feel a sense of wonder. Although everyone is intuitive to an extent, this ability can be greatly enhanced by doing some spiritual practices.
The basic step for becoming intuitive is to shift the focus of our life from our ordinary nature, which is governed by mental preferences, to our higher nature, which sees the ways of the soul. Once we get into a condition where we can spontaneously call for intuition, we can allow it to guide our actions and give a deeper meaning and purpose to our life.
- Installing the spiritual seed; creating the necessary mental space; some preparation & results
- Considering intuition as coming from a higher intelligence; how to make your intuition reliable
- Purifying the mind and correcting the disturbances arising from the mental-self
- The place of self-consciousness & intuition in occult philosophy
6. The Spiritual Tradition of the Ancient Hindus
Traditional wisdom is concerned the knowledge of the higher worlds and its attainment; and insight into the higher purpose of human existence. This knowledge was originally uncovered through the higher faculties that were developed by the ancient Sages. They passed down this knowledge through a tradition, and the people know of it as doctrines, beliefs and practices.
The past century has seen explosive developments based on a materialistic attitude. Correspondingly, the interest in pursuing the spiritual goal of life has become lost. The light of the spiritual heritage in humanity has become dim, and it may become lost to future generations. However, what was so great about this heritage that it had been fancied by many great men through the centuries? Here we show the tradition of the men of antiquity that prevailed in ancient India.
- Introducing the law of karma; whatever happens is justice
- Dharma; freedom and contentment got by practising dharma
- The modern world as seen through traditional eyes
- Marriages modern and traditional; the method of traditional learning
7. The Biochemic Way to Health
In the 18th century, Dr. Schuessler analysed the ashes of the human body and found the presence of twelve mineral salts in them. He called them the ‘biochemic tissue salts’ and showed their value in the healthy functioning of the body. Whenever a deficiency of any of these salts arises in the body tissues, certain typical symptoms arise. You can use these symptoms to identify the specific tissue salt deficiency. Then all you have to do is to supplement the tissue-salt in a dynamic form (6X potency), and the body will on its own find its way to return to natural health.
Here you learn how to use the book: The Biochemic Prescriber for finding your remedy. You can treat common everyday ailments and simple constitutional disorders with these Biochemic Tissue Salts. The method is simple and safe. You can use it to help yourself, your family and your friends and overcome your helplessness in health matters.
- The principles of Biochemic Remedies and Holistic Healing
- The functional disorders of the body, and their relationship with the ‘biochemic remedies’
- Treating constitutional disorders and some everyday ailments with the Biochemic Tissue-salts
Duration: 4 hours
The discussion is based on Prashant’s book: “The Biochemic Prescriber”, https://www.amazon.Duration: 8 hours
8. How to Recognise a Sage?
This course is based on wisdom of the book: Tao Te Ching. The Tao is a universal awareness that underlies all things. Hence, by aligning your ways with the way of the Tao you can attain inner freedom, transcendental peace, and deep contentment in your life. However, the Tao is very subtle. It can only be grasped with a mind that is without personal motives. So, how can you pursue the Tao?
Master Lao Tzu gives the clues: First, follow the law of heaven and purify your motives. Next, find a Sage, a living master. Then, track the ways of the Sage, for the Sage naturally follows the Tao. However, there is a difficulty since the Sage does not show himself in society. So, how can you recognise the Sage? Here we address this issue.
- Who is a Sage? How does he behave? What are his guiding principles?
- Why does the Sage value things differently? What is his true attainment?
- What strategies does the Sage adopt? How are his ways different from the ways of ordinary people?
Some Opinions Received:
The old Tao translations I own come nowhere near this exposition. This is seamlessly connected with the rest of the teaching I have been privileged to attend. Frank, email@example.com.